3 tips, 2 ideas and 1 victorious tournament
Golf tournaments are not just about the sport; they’re about the experience, the connections, and the memories created.
When it comes to leaving a lasting impression, choosing the right gift is more than a token gesture; it’s a strategic decision that can have lasting effects on your sponsor relationships and the overall success of the event.
In this blog, we share 3 things the best golf gifts have in common, 2 golf gift ideas and 1 “reel” tourney success story.
3 Golf Gifting Tips
As a golf marketer with 16 years of experience providing gifts, I’ve worked with over 3000 tournaments. When evaluating golf gifts, I recommend you think about…
- Brand Visibility. By this I don’t mean a bigger logo. Golfing is an affluent sport known for cultivating connections on the course. You want a prestigious and functional gift that creates an affinity for the company that sponsored the gift. Ideally choose a gift that will be seen and used again and again after the tournament.
- Memorability. Do something different. The act of giving and unboxing a gift is part of the experience and forges an emotional connection with the brand. Opportunities to interact with players by picking or fitting gifts creates a fun vibe that starts conversations.
- Personalization. Gifts personalized on-the-spot always get the biggest WOW. If this isn’t possible, then choose gifts that allow you to personalize in two locations; the name of the charity event AND the sponsor’s logo. Why? Because players will associate a meaningful charity with an awesome day of golf and your sponsor’s company.
2 Golf Tournament Gift Ideas
Experience the power of thoughtful gifting with Millennium Logo Glove. Here are my two top gift giving ideas.
Custom Branded Golf Gloves
Whether you’re a tournament organizer or a sponsor, custom branded gloves are always a winning choice. With MLG, every glove features the charity or sponsor’s logo as a detachable ball marker.
Turnberry Golf Glove
President’s Golfer Gift Set
The ‘President’s Executive Gift Set’ includes:
- One Sponsor-Branded Glove: Meticulously crafted, branded gloves not only enhance performance but provide a memorable brand touchpoint.
- A Branded Divot Tool: Practical and symbolic, this tool is used repeatedly during the game, leaving a lasting brand impression.
- A Personalized Presentation Box: Encased in elegance, the custom branded presentation box adds an exquisite touch, guaranteed to elicit a delightful response.
1 Victorious Tournament – Client Story
One tournament organizer who chose our ‘President’s Golfer Gift Set’ reported increased sponsor satisfaction and participant engagement. The gift set not only delighted the recipients but also strengthened the bond between the organizers, sponsors, and participants. It was more than a gift; it was an integral part of the tournament’s success.
Checkout out this REEL Golf Tourney to see exactly how MLG Golf Tournament Gifts work.
Take advantage of my golf gifting expertise. Book a Call with me to discuss a few strategic gift options for your upcoming tournament.
VP of Sales, Millennium Logo Glove